Saturday, April 24, 2010

Almost There

Just one more week left!

Hard to believe that by this time next Saturday I'll be finished with my degree and back out in the real world again. Very mixed emotions though. I've had such a fantastic time and made some really great friends. But I'm ready to be done with assignments, exams, grades and the non-stop thinking. Also miss being able to unwind at the end of the day, and work on things around the house without feeling guilty that I'm blowing off school stuff.

A couple of weeks to wrap up at Special Collections after the 1st, then 12 weeks at The Henry Ford, which should be great. Could not pass on chance to work at THF though. Kinda' like Charlie and Chocolate Factory. Finally close out the student life with a week in DC for SAA and a bit of a reunion with family and friends. So, I'm easing back into the work world rather than going in at the deep end.

- Brian

No comments: